Zerg Lurker is an enemy that appears to be buried underground. It will spawn in the middle of the map and play a sound effect, shortly before it starts attacking. The killing method Zerg Lurker makes use of consists in a wave of brown spikes that quickly rise towards the nearest player. They will emerge from the ground in a sequence, being able to reach anywhere - ranging from close to extremely far spots of the map. Upon contact with the spikes, the player is instantly wiped out.
For the hyper counterpart, Zerg Lurker attacks much faster, while his spikes are slightly bigger in size and range.
For the impossible counterpart, its spikes are extremely higher and can detect and hit players on very high buildings. Its spikes stay on the ground for an extra 10 seconds. Zerg Lurker's target system also changes: instead of targetting the closest survivors, it'll attack random players.
Disaster Memo Information
"Zerg Lurker appears burrowed underground. It will attack anyone who's on the ground, with eight large spikes that does 100 damage. Its aim is vaccurate, can't be standing around like a sitting duck! Elevate yourself so you can get out of its range."
"Compared to its standard version, the spikes move much faster, is slightly wider, and has a quicker attack rate. Its aim is accurate, can't be standing around like a sitting duck! Elevate yourself so you can get out of its range."
- Players cannot get inside of the Zerg Lurker, they simply stand on top of the dark part.
- The Zerg Lurker itself does not appear; only the hole it resides in appears.
- Zerg Lurker was the first ever non-2D disaster to receive an Impossible Variant.
- In Survive The Disasters 4 (April Fools 2018), the disaster warning was renamed to "prickly boi".
- In the upcoming Version 42, Zerg Lurker is confirmed to be changed and rebranded to Groundspiker.