A huge bomb spawns in the center of the map. After four beep ticks, it will explode and summon deadly laser beams in an either X or + shape. The gaps in the bomb model, that have a lava texture, indicate where the laser beams will form, so it's best to react quickly to dodge them. They will fade away immediately after the blast, and for the harder variants, on the remaining 5 second mark instead.
For the hyper counterpart, the beams that spawn from the X-Bomb are able to spin clockwise, making it so players have to move along with them or rather jump over them.
For the impossible counterpart, the X-Bomb's model is much taller, and the beams are much more dense, taller and hits both X and + sides. Survivors also have to move along with the beams in an even tighter place.
Disaster Memo Information
"X-Bomb appears, unexpectedly exploding creating a giant beam of lasers. Lasers will come from the direction the X on the bomb. You'll need to react quickly where it's going to blast. It only attacks players in a X or + fashion."
"X-Bomb appears! After exploding, the lasers will start spinning and will stop after 12 seconds. You can survive by being elevated past the height of the beam or try outrunning the spinning beam if you're on the floor. Walking near the middle of the laser makes it easier to outrun it. Be careful about going near the middle preparing to use this method before it explodes, because the explosion is big enough to kill you if you don't space yourself properly."
- Head for a sturdy elevated surface, such as the classic house, if the map has one.
- Regardless of the X-Bomb's orientation, the blast never hits the shop unless it is the Hyper X-Bomb. As a result, it's the perfect hiding place.
- If you want to avoid the lasers, besides the Shop, stand between the corners and the center of a side wall, this will guarantee survival in a normal X-Bomb regardless of if it's in the X or + formation.
- If you are high enough, you can simply avoid the blast altogether.
- Stay away from the X-Bomb when it is about to explode!
- Hyper: The X-Bomb goes around in circles until the whole map is wiped; follow the beam's movement! The closer you are to the center of the map the easier it is to avoid the beam. Don't go too close, however. The bomb's blast radius itself may kill you.
- If you have enough time, go right in front of the shop. The X-Bomb can't hit you if you stand in the middle of the shop.
- Run quickly using a Fusion Coil to dodge the beams. You can also use Epic Katana to constantly receive the speed boost. Be careful not too accidentally run into the laser in front of you.
- Impossible: Get to the Shop immediately, as the blast cannot hit it. After that, simply move along with the beams. Be aware it moves clockwise.
- There are two different ways the X-Bomb can point; one is in a plus shape (+) and aims directly for the sides of the map, and the other is in an X shape and aims directly for the corners of the map.
- This disaster is based off the X-Bomb in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Kid Icarus: Uprising.
- X-Bomb is considered one of the hardest hyper and impossible disasters for new, unexperienced players.
- In Spooksville, the very top of the mansion can't be reached by the X-Bomb's lasers.
- In Wacky Warehouse, the high top of building and cargo box can't be reached by the X-Bomb's lasers.
- 'X-Bomb used to have a different disaster icon, which was Super Smash Bros logo.
- In Survive The Disasters 4 (April Fools 2018), the disaster warning was renamed to "ONLY IN CASUAL SMASH".
- Standard X-Bomb will never hit shop, as the beams can only appear as an X or a +.