Not to be confused with Tsunami (Classic).
"Tsunami can appear in any direction. The tsunami slightly levels downward as it moves across the map. If you are elevated high enough, you can survive it no problem. With no ground to stand, it's probably wise to have a Gravity Coil with you."
"Tsunami can appear in any direction. Comparing to the standard Tsunami, this one does not level downwards. It also moves faster. If you are elevated high enough, you can survive it no problem. With no ground to stand, it's probably wise to have a Gravity Coil with you."
Old Hyper Tsunami
Hyper Tsunami was a deadly hyper disaster that was much larger. However, it descends quickly as it goes across the map. It is recommended to jump over the tsunami at the opposite side where tsunami spawned, as the tsunami would be lower.
Current Hyper Tsunami
In Version 1.22, Hyper Tsunami was nerfed drastically. Hyper Tsunami is now the same as Tsunami except the wave never shrinks while it comes. It also has a faster speed.
It's like Hyper Tsunami, but the wave is bigger and moves faster.
- Hyper Tsunamis have a high chance to come from the house side.
- Unmentioned in the memo is that the tsunami shrinks as it flows across the map.
- If the tsunami spawns at an unanchored building that is very close to it, the building can flip. This tends to happen more often during Hyper Tsunami. This also tends to happen to what looks like an anchored building, but it can still be launched or flipped because of disasters such as Spiked Walls.
- Prior to its nerf in Version 1.22, Hyper Tsunami was known to be one of the hardest Hyper Disasters, after Hyper X-Bomb, Hyper Spiked Walls and Hyper Reaper.
- In the alpha and beta versions of the game, Tsunami had a slightly higher hitbox, and always spawned on the northern side of the map (where Reaper and Black Mage spawn).
- This is the first disaster with a Coin payout that isn't a multiple of 5, the second being Mr. Happy.
- In Survive The Disasters 4, the Disaster warning was renamed to “soonami”.
- It is possible to Survive Both Regular and Hyper Tsunami in pacifist if you stand against the wall since the length of the tsunami doesn't fully touch them. However in maps such as Acid Depths or Wacky Warehouse the trick will not work as there isn't really a wall to speak of, and so you are just falling into the void by doing that trick. Also, Impossible Tsunami doesn't follow this rule either due to it's size(wide enough where it takes up the wall area.).
- Before it got nerfed, Hyper Tsunami has a higher height than Impossible Tsunami (without taking into account it's height decrease).
- The direction of the water on the floor will tell you which direction the Tsunami is going.