Thieves will spawn from spawn points and normally target the nearest survivor. When they hit a player, it causes some coins to drop from the player and fall onto the ground as the player gets damaged. After the disaster ends, any players who were damaged by thieves are "awarded" with the Robbed Achievement, causing them to lose a few coins.
For the hyper variant, thieves move faster than usual. They also deal 60 damage and steal 60 coins each hit, instead of 30.
*Standard: "4 thieves are here to steal your coins! The number the thieves damages you, the coins it steal. If you defeat one, all the coins it stole are awarded to you. Thief does 30 damage, has a walkspeed of 32, and has a jump power of 60. Don't let them take your coins!"
"6 thieves are here to steal your coins! The number the thieves damages you, the coins it steal. If you defeat one, all the coins it stole are awarded to you. Thief does 60 damage, has a walkspeed of 40, and has a jump power of 75. Don't let them take your coins!"
- Thieves do 30 damage (60 for hyper) and steal Coins from you very quickly, so it's wise to keep distance from them.
- Thieves are the most Bloxxer rewarding humanoids, so if you want to defeat all of them, use an Epic Sauce to outrun them while you shoot ninja stars at them.
- The Thieves walk very fast; using a Speed or Fusion Coil, or a(n) Epic Katana/GM sword is recommended, preferably upgraded.
- Before Version 1.37, there was only one thief (the disaster was also titled "Thief") and it dealt 60 damage instead of 30.
- Thieves are the only Disaster that can award the Robbed achievement.
- Thieves have the least coin payout through all disasters in the game, tied with Acid Rain.
- In April Fools 2017, its disaster warning was renamed to "Needs A Buff". No bloxxer awarded when thief died either robbed or not yet robbed.
- The Thieves can rob you more than once if you aren't careful enough and get hit again.
- If a certain Thief kills a certain player, and is defeated, the person who bloxxed it will receive extra Bloxxer Award.