"SURVIVE THE DISASTERS 2 HAS RECEIVED THE BIGGEST UPDATE YET, COMPLETELY REPLACING THE OLD SYSTEM... UPGRADED AND RE-BRANDED TO SURVIVE THE DISASTERS 3!"
– Game description upon release
Survive The Disasters 3 (commonly abbreviated as SD3) was an April Fool's Day update for Survive The Disasters 2, released on April 1, 2017. The game reverted to its previous update the day afterwards.
SD3 has since been rereleased as a separate game. Initially it was available under Paid Access for 25 Robux. On January 15, 2019, the game was changed to be free and open to the public. Some time later it was changed Paid Access again for 30 Robux.
Thumbnail and Design
The font was changed slightly. The player interface and theme were purple instead of the classic red.
The Game Master Coil, Game Master Stars, and Throwing Rings were added to the Gear Shop. After the event ended, the Throwing Rings were removed, but the other two gears remained available in the shop.
The Game Master items initially lacked a proper icon, either not having one or using that of the Fusion Coil as a placeholder.
- Reaper's color was changed to pink.
- Black Mage's color was changed to white.
- Crimson Balrog's warning was changed to Big Bang Patch. Their health was also heavily nerfed.
- Press The Button had its safe spaces inverted.
- Dr. Robotnik was turned into a quiz game with Sonic franchise questions.
- Fire Breath had its Hyper version changed to a similar version shown in Vyriss's 125 Days video.
- Barrier Eggman had its Hyper version changed to its Impossible version.
- Noobs and the Giant Noob were swapped around. Noobs spawned many Giant Noobs that had their attacks, while the Giant Noob simply spawned one normal Noob.
- Mine Spawn had an added sound effect from Finding Nemo, which was the seagulls from Finding Nemo saying "mine".
- Coil Noobs had Game Master Coils. Despite this, they simply acted as buffed Gravity Coils.
- Sandstorm received a musical theme, Darude - Sandstorm.
- All boss music (excluding Crimson Balrog and Undyne) was changed to "Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary: Satan's Theme".
- Alexnewtron was wearing a MeepCity T-Shirt.
Save data for all players was temporarily removed by Vyriss to make Survive The Disasters 3 seems like a completely new game. Players' save data were returned after the update's removal. The rerelease does not retain players' save data from when the event was live.
Lots of music was either replaced or added into the game. The songs of all boss battles have been replaced with Satan's Theme from Puyo Puyo. Some map music was replaced with versions edited by SiIvagunner and Vyriss.
Players were no longer limited to one vote, meaning players could vote as many times as they liked. This made the voting system incredibly unbalanced; players could use an auto clicker to guarantee their map to be chosen next round.
Nine new maps were added to the game. After the event ended, all of the maps were removed except for Frenzy Factory.
- Become A Cop Robber Or Adopt A Baby
- Sky Sanctuary Zone
- Grassy Fields
- Retro Detour
- Deep Woods
- Survive The Disasters (2010)
- Frenzy Factory
- Plastic Palace (Beta)
Ranks had lowered EXP requirements, making it easier to rank up.
|Rank E||2000 EXP|
|Rank D||4000 EXP|
|Rank C||8000 EXP|
|Rank B||14000 EXP|
|Rank A||20000 EXP|
|Rank S onwards||32000 EXP|
All streak rewards were multiplied by ten.
All Multi Disasters had four, five, or six at a time.
The amount of coins you got for each Disaster was multiplied by two, three, or four.
- The two new Disasters had no Memos; they instead used those from other Disasters.
- Sometimes, Blue Spheres would not appear, and Dynamites would fall instead.
|April Fools Updates||Survive The Disasters 3 • Survive The Disasters 4 • Survive The Disasters 1.5|
|Regular Updates||Version 1.22 • Version 1.23 • Version 1.24 • Version 1.25 • Version 1.26 • Version 1.27 • Version 1.28 • Version 1.29 • Version 1.30 • Version 1.31 • Version 1.32 • Version 1.33 • Version 1.34 • Version 1.35 • Version 1.36 • Version 1.365 • Version 1.37 • Version 1.38 • Version 39 • Version 40 • Version 41 • Version 41.5 • Version 41.6 • Version 42|