Spawn Points are a mechanic in Survive The Disasters 2. They are used to spawn enemies and players, as well as, certain disasters. There are two different types of Spawn Points; one for enemies and one for players.
Player Spawn Points
9 Player Spawn Points are always located in the air, in front of the classic ROBLOX house. They are positioned in a 3x3 formation with a half transparent red ring around them. When a player dies or the Map changes, they appear on any of these spawn points. They are colored light grey, and may disappear ~2 seconds after an object or player has made contact with it.
This is done by successfully hopping from one player spawn plate to another right before they disappear. There are 9 plates normally, so you can spawn jump consecutively for up to 18 seconds (without a gravity coil), assuming you time your jump right as they disappear. This method can also help with increasing jump distance in disasters where you have to get somewhere fast. (i.e. A truss during Oil Spill)
Enemy Spawn Points
Enemy Spawn Points are always found scattered around the map. Every map has a different Spawn Point setup and location (for example, in Galantasy, there is a tilted spawn point, the only one in the game). Hence the name, it spawns enemies and entities on it (such as Noobs and Redcliff Warriors). The color of the Enemy Spawn Points differs on each map.
Not only certain humanoid disasters interact with the Spawn Points. A few others are able to make use of them:
- Alien Invasion: The UFO first appears on a random spawn point, where Aliens start to come from.
- Green Zone: The Green Zone will always close in towards a random spawn point.
- Mine Spawn: As the name suggests, all land mines will appear on them.
- Nuclear Bomb: The nuke always targets a random spawn point. This is indicated by a blinking red dot.
- Polyhex: Switches between random enemy spawn points, throwing a sequence of bombs between the moves. He will always disappear first before each move.
- Press The Button: The button on its hyper and impossible variants will always spawn at a random spawn point.
- Missile Strike: Missile Strike's impossible variant always targets a random spawn point.
- Yojimbo: Similarly to Polyhex, Yojimbo moves between spawn points as a main attack. Each switch will leave a purple trail that deals 80 damage on contact.
- In the Halloween Update, the Player Spawn Points were colored orange instead of the usual grey.
- Undyne and Yojimbo are the only two bosses to use the Enemy Spawn Points. Undyne spawns on one and Yojimbo uses them when he dashes.
- Hyper Press The Button and Mine Spawn are the only trap disasters to use the Enemy Spawn Points.
- It's somewhat hard to notice, but the Aliens in Alien Invasion spawn on Enemy Spawn Points.
- When you touch a Spawn Point of any kind, it disappears briefly; Players and Enemies can still spawn on them regardless, but they will fall through the Spawn. This is to prevent players from staying on the spawn and spawn jumping to avoid Disasters.
- All Enemy Spawn Points are scattered evenly throughout the map and in locations to prevent camping.
- Shoop Da Whoop's beam gets in the way of the Player Spawn Points, so whoever dies will get spawnkilled repeatedly until the round ends.
- The only humanoid disasters that don't use the Spawn Points are Zombies.
- In the first builds of the game, there were no Spawn Points.
- When Spawn Points were added, Players and Enemies could spawn on them, but Enemies could also spawn elsewhere.
- In the Beta, Player Spawn Points were added. Players could spawn on either the Enemy or Player spawn points.
- In the Christmas updates Version 1.25, Version 1.37, Version 41.5 and Version 41.6, the player spawn points were colored green and red instead of the usual white.
|Main Mechanics||Disasters • Maps • Gear Shop • Gamepasses • Danger Modes • Bosses • Bonus Rounds • Ranks • Orbs|
|Other Mechanics||Disaster Memos • Daily Rewards • Achievements • Badges • Spawn Points • Global Leaderboard|
|Miscellaneous||Hardcore Mode • Pacifist Mode • April Fools 2017 • April Fools 2018 • April Fools 2019 • Version History • Vyriss|