Four Sighters will appear on each corner of the map, shooting perfectly accurate green lasers towards the closest survivor. Each laser beam deals 20 damage. Players should hide under cover or behind a wall where Sighters cannot hit you due to the angle. Be warned that the lasers can destroy parts if Sighters manage to hit them, therefore, hiding under destructible parts should be avoided.
For the hyper variant, Sighters' firerate is nearly doubled, compared to their standard variant. The sound effect is also higher-pitched.
Disaster Memo Information
"Each laser beam deals 20 damage, and any breakable parts on contact will disappear. These things have perfect aim, take cover!"
"Comparing to standard Sighters, Hyper Sighters shoot 1.8x faster. There is a safe spot in all maps to completely avoid all the lasers"
- Don't stand in the open, as the Sighters aiming skills are 100% accurate and can melt your health pretty quickly.
- Escape with movement gear, such as the Fusion Coil or Epic Katana if you're running towards shelter.
- Use an item with a Tanker orb (Epic or higher) or an healing item upgraded by orbs like Pizza to take less damage if you want to travel while the disaster is active.
- Any destructible buildings or parts will be demolished by Sighters. It's better to take cover behind parts that cannot be destroyed.
- A good strategy is to hide around the Gear Shop, as there is an invisible wall which reliably protects you from all the Sighters.
- Don't underestimate Sighters; they can kill you in seconds if you don't take cover or heal in time.
- Don't overestimate it, either; Sighters can be easily avoided by hiding behind unbreakable parts and their damage can easily be recovered with healing gear.
- The concept of Sighters was suggested by a fan.
- Sighters are based off of a Laser Shooter found in a Classic PlayStation 3 Game called G-Force.
- In Survive The Disasters 4 (April Fool 2018), the disaster warning was renamed to ”corner pokers”.
- In Version 1.35, their damage was increased from 16 to 18.
- Sighters were temporarily broken in Version 41.5 whereas the Sighters wouldn't shoot lasers, same case with Shurikens.