A green button appears in the very center of the map. Unless it is not pressed at all, an enormous red kill box will spawn and instantly kill any player that is not in the center or corners of the map, which are the save zones for the standard version. The button turns red and the kill box will disappear after a second or two.
For the hyper counterpart, the button can appear in any enemy spawn point, as opposed to the center. The time taken for the kill boxes to appear increases to five seconds, but the safe zones are only within the vicinity of the button in its center. The button will activate itself if it is left unpressed after 21 seconds.
For the impossible counterpart, the round duration is halved. The safe zone is enclosured to the button area itself, with about two extra studs on each side. Like the hyper variant, the button will activate itself if left unpressed, at about the 8 second mark. The button's kill walls still spawn 5 seconds after it is activated.
Disaster Memo Information
"A button appears at the center of the map! Pressing the button will create kill walls around the button. Corners are safe from the kill walls, so you could always go there if you don't think you could make it to the middle."
"Comparing to standard Press The Button, the button will appear on a random enemy spawn than normally spawning in the center. However, the time to spawn the kill walls is extended, taking 5 seconds for it to appear. Make sure you utilize that time to find it whenever someone presses it. If the button is left unpressed for 21 seconds, it'll activate itself."
- Try to be in the center of the map from the moment you are aware of the disaster.
- If you're too far from the middle, you can run to one of the four corners of the map.
- Do not hope that no players will press the button. This is very unlikely to happen.
- Pacifist: Rush to the middle as soon as you see the splash. If you are too far away, try to go to a corner. For Hyper and Impossible Press the Button, pray that the button spawns near you. If not, you are most likely dead.
- Hyper: The button placed in any spawn points. Find the button VERY CAREFULLY before other players press the button; zoom out as much as you can to cover more of the spawn points easier. Using the Epic Katana or Game Master's Sword is recommended. You can not go to a corner since it is placed in a random enemy spawn point.
- Impossible: Since you have half the amount of time to find the button compared to Hyper, search the spawn points as quickly as you can while employing the strategies from Hyper Press the Button. Make sure that you are standing ON THE BUTTON when it activates; that is the only safe zone.
- Pressing the button grants you a Badge, called "Button Masher".
- Press The Button has the highest coin payout of any standard and Hyper Disasters in the game.
- Press The Button is considered to be the hardest disaster for newer players, as well as any players in Pacifist Mode, as they do not have tools to quickly move to the center or corners.
- The standard variant of Press The Button is more of a social experiment; nothing happens when the button is left unpressed until the disaster ends. It is based entirely on the players' knowledge of the disaster.
- The Last One Standing achievement is easy to obtain during Press The Button, if one so happens to be close enough to the button and activate it before other players can react and reach for it. This is much more common during mystery disaster rounds.
- The Teamwork Triumph bonus is possible on the standard variant if all players within the server agrees not to touch it. However, the likelihood of this is relatively small.
- The kill boxes positions for Press The Button were reversed in the April Fools 2017 update.
- The Press The Button's button model used to be actually an inverted Pie Tin with a green / red enlarged head model inside.
- In April Fools 2018, the disaster name was renamed to “press it”, and there are different events can happen:
- The button explodes and kills players who are in its radius, revealing an Illumina. It will take some seconds for this to happen. Not touching the Illumina does not trigger the explosion. (See image in the gallery for reference)
- Have its safe and unsafe area swapped, killing players who are in either corner or center of the map.
- Works like the regular Press The Button.
- To survive it if someone were to press the button, The kill bricks will come at a certain time.
- If the kill bricks spawn in fast, the kill bricks will be put in reverse.
- When the kill bricks take longer spawn, it indicates that either they'll spawn in their regular positions or an Illumina will spawn in the middle of the button.
- Hyper Press The Button is one of the most difficult hyper disasters in game. This is due to the large number of possible spawn points the button can spawn in, and the button can be overlooked relatively easily.
- During testing phases for Hardcore Mode, Hyper Press The Button could spawn in as a Mystery Disaster.
- This no longer happens as its hyper variant is blacklisted from mystery disasters.