Orbs serve as item enhancements that can upgrade items and boost their abilities. Orbs can be purchased at the Orb Gachapon for 1000 coins each (previously 500). You can only add a maximum of three orbs onto an item. The Game Master's Sword is the only item that cannot be upgraded with Orbs (the Game Master's Coil and Game Master Stars also could not be upgraded before their removal in Version 1.24 and Version 1.30, respectively).
There are five different Orb rarities. The better the Orb rarity, the bigger the impact the Orb will have on an item, and the harder it is to obtain it.
- Common (70%) - Orbs have little impact.
Uncommon (20%) - Orbs have a minor impact.
Rare (6%) - Orbs have a noticeable impact.
Epic (3%) - Orbs have a big impact.
Legendary (1%) - Orbs have a massive impact.
- Some Orbs only work on certain gear. For example, the Extra Bandages Orb only works with the First Aid Kit.
- Some Orbs do not have all 5 tiers.
- This includes Builder, which was in an older version of the game and is returning in Version 42. Info on the V42 version of Builder is unknown; the table lists the effects from the older version.
|Anti-Gravity||Increase jump power by [x] on Gravity Coil or Fusion Coil.||1.2||2.4||3.6||4.8||6|
|Arthur's Sword||Increase melee weapon size by [x].||N/A||N/A||125%||150%||200%|
|Auto-Heal||Heal [x] health every 1.5 seconds while equipped.||1||2||3||4||5|
|Bad Breath||Take in [x] less damage when eating Rotten Cheezburger.||5%||10%||25%||50%||75%|
|Bigger Bomb||Increase blast radius on any sort of explosive weapon by [x].||9%||12%||15%||18%||21%|
|Bosshunter||Deal [x] more damage to bosses.||N/A||N/A||N/A||25%||30%|
|BuilderV42||Increases wall height by trowel by [x] blocks.||1||2||3||4||5|
|Cloak||Decrease your distance an enemy can spot you by [x] studs.||4||8||12||16||20|
|Coinsplosion||At a 1/3 chance, enemies will drop at most [x] coin(s) when Bloxxing them||1||2||3||4||5|
|Critical Aim||Inflict [x] extra damage when aiming at enemies' heads.||10%||15%||20%||25%||30%|
|Damage Boost||Increase damage by [x] on any weapon.||5%||10%||15%||20%||25%|
|Death Bomb||After Bloxxing a target, there is a [x] chance to create an explosion.||N/A||20%||40%||60%||80%|
|Doom's Touch||Insta-kill an enemy with 100 health or less at a [x] chance while attacking.||N/A||5%||10%||15%||20%|
|DonatorV42||Increases the chance of dropping higher tier coins.||More chances of gold and silver coins.||More chances of gold and silver coins.||More chances of gold and silver coins.||Drops only gold and silver coins.||Drops 5 gold coins.|
|Ego Expander||Enlarge an enemy's head at a [x] chance when attacking. Does not increase hitbox size.||10%||20%||30%||45%||60%|
|Energy Drink||Increase walkspeed by [x] on Bloxiade or Epic Sauce.||1||2||3||4||5|
|Extra Bandages||Heal [x] more health when using First Aid Kit.||5||10||15||20||25|
|Faster Arms||Decrease reload time by [x] on any melee gear.||10%||15%||20%||25%||30%|
|Faster Bullet||Increase projectile launch power by [x].||10%||20%||40%||60%||80%|
|Flame Tongue||Reduce [x] damage when drinking Epic Sauce.||10%||20%||30%||40%||50%|
|Frostbite||Freeze a non-boss enemy for [x] seconds at a 25% chance.||0.5||1||1.5||2||2.5|
|God's HandV42 [!]||Inflict 500% damage on enemies with a max health of over 1000 with any melee weapon||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||500%|
|Immunity||Ignore non 1-hit damage at a [x] chance.||N/A||5%||10%||15%||20%|
|Karma||Enemies will inflict [x] of their damage on themselves when attacking you.||N/A||50%||100%||150%||200%|
|Life-Steal||Increase heal by [x] after killing a target with Darkheart.||5%||10%||15%||20%||25%|
|Lovestrike||Heal [x] more with the Healing Staff.||N/A||N/A||1||2||3|
|Metabolism||Decrease cooldown on any food by [x].||N/A||6%||9%||12%||15%|
|Mutual-Support||Heal [x] of the amount you healed to an ally to yourself.||10%||20%||30%||40%||50%|
|Quick Dash||Increase dash speed by [x] walkspeed on Epic Katana.||N/A||5||10||15||20|
|Quick Reload||Decrease reload time by [x] on any ranged gear.||5%||10%||15%||20%||25%|
|Refiller||Decrease reload time on Bloxiade, Epic Sauce, or Rotten Cheezburger by [x].||5%||10%||20%||30%||40%|
|Regeneration||Decrease healing time on Regen Coil by [x] (heal faster).||5%||10%||15%||20%||25%|
|Speedy Coil||Increase walkspeed by +[x] on Speed Coil or Fusion Coil.||1||2||3||4||5|
|Sweet Tooth||Increase heal amount on any sort of food by [x].||1||2||3||4||5|
|Tanker||Ignore [x] damage received from enemies when equipping.||3%||6%||9%||12%||15%|
|Vampire||In a [x] chance, attacking enemies will heal you by your damage.||N/A||N/A||9%||12%||15%|
|Venom Shank||25% chance to inflict poison, dealing [x] damage every 0.5s for 2.5s.||2||4||6||8||10|
|Witch's SpellV42||Increase head size by [x].||8%||12%||16%||20%||24%|
- If an enemy is killed via the Karma effect while using a Darkheart, the life-stealing ability will not be activated, making it inadvisable to use on said item.
- The Ego Expander Orb was previously named the Ego Expander 2400.
- The Faster Bullet Orb was previously named Sharp Eyes.
- Prior to Version 1.28, the Critical Aim Orb was underpowered as it provided a smaller damage increase when compared to the Damage Boost Orb. It was buffed in Version 1.28 to be deal more damage.
- In the same update, the Damage Boost Orb received its own Common variant.
- The remaining damage after negation by the Tanker, Flame Tongue, and Bad Breath Orbs are equipped is rounded down.
- For example, if you take 7 damage while having a legendary Tanker Orb equipped, you will only take 5 damage when its exact damage is 5.95 damage.
- Most enemies will turn green when afflicted with the Venom Shank Orb, although some do not.
- It's much more reliable to depend on the visible "Poisoned!" indicator above a poisoned enemy's head to deter whether or not you poisoned it.
- Death Bomb Orb works on all entities, including the Ring Balloon and Bosses.
- The Boss Hunter Orb is the second rarest Orb in the game, as it only comes in Unique and Legendary versions.
- In Version 1.35, the Flame Tongue, Quick Dash, Critical Aim and Bosshunter Orb stats were tweaked slightly. The new Ringsplosion Orb was also implemented. The Arthur's Sword Orb was also changed so that large weapons no longer add weight to the user.
- Ringsplosion was renamed to Coinsplosion in Version 1.39.
- As of Version 1.36, Venomshank's damage and poison rate has been buffed. This patch also included various other Orb balance changes, namely effecting; Frostbite, Death Bomb, Ego Expander, Cloak, Metabolism, Quick Reload, and Faster Arms.
- In a Twitter post, Vyriss has stated that there is an unused orb decal (image sprite) in-game meant for use by Game Masters (SD2 Admins in-game, A.K.A "GM"). However. this was never used, likely because GMs can use commands to modify their gear effects.
- Donator is the only orb that doesn't provide specific numbers for its effect.
- As of Version 41.6, orb prices, percentages and colors were changed. The spin cost was raised from 500 to 1000, while giving players the option to spin 5X at once for 5000 coins. The percentages were changed from 80% / 13.25% / 4.5% / 1,5% / 0.75%, to 70% / 20% / 6% / 3% / 1%. Exchange requirements were also changed and now applied to every tier, being 3 the orb quantity requirement.
- You can also exchange 3 legendary orbs for a random legendary orb, giving you the opportunity to get your wanted orbs in trade for your unwanted ones.
- This change was supposed to happen in Version 42, the still upcoming update. However, it was pushed early.