Nyan Cat flies in from the northern side of the map at a constant speed, and travels in a ~30 stud wide zig-zag pattern, until it reaches the southern end of the map, somewhere outside the map boundaries. Coming into contact with any part of Nyan Cat or its rainbow trail will insta-kill the player. Players must gauge whether they are in Nyan Cat's path or not. If so, they must move out of the way before it is too late in order to survive. The left side of the map is always excluded from Nyan Cat's path, making it a safe place for players.
For the hyper counterpart, Nyan Cat has similar speed to its standard variant. It covers significantly more area, at about fifty studs wide. Hyper Nyan Cat's path can now go further towards the sides of the map, and even outside of the map boundaries.
Disaster Memo Information
"Nyan Cat will come from the end of the map! Nyan cat will move in a straight line moving a bit left and right. You're likely safe if you go to the walls."
"Unlike normal Nyan Cat, the threshhold Nyan Cat moves left to right is increased. Choose a wall wisely because Hyper Nyan Cat is likely to touch one of them."
- Touching any part of Nyan Cat is an instant kill, so players must avoid it at all costs. Heading to the wall farthest from its zig zag pattern is recommended.
- Know that the left side of the map is always safe, even for its Hyper variant.
- Nyan Cat's path is not always the same. Sometimes, Nyan Cat can cover the whole right wall of the map, but never touch the left wall.
- Nyan Cat is a popular and old meme.
- In the beta version of Survive The Disasters 2, the Nyan Cat meme theme music played. It was removed later on due to copyright infringements from people who upload gameplay of the game on YouTube.
- Broken or detached bricks that come into contact with the rainbow trail of Nyan Cat will likely be colored a random bright pastel color.
- Also in the beta version, Nyan Cat colored all bricks, but in the current version, it only colors broken bricks.
- In Survive The Disasters 4 (April Fools 2018), Nyan Cat warning was renamed to "MORE DEAD MEMES".