Memos are large collectible cards with an exclamation mark found scattered throughout the Map. They spawn in the sky while a disaster is taking place, and slowly fall down until they touch a surface. They can sometimes land after a Disaster ends. Memos hold information about the Disaster, Boss or Bonus Round that it spawned in.
There is roughly a 35% chance a single memo will drop in a 30-second disaster, but multiple memos during a single round are possible. A maximum of three Memos can spawn during a single Disaster.
Memos also give an award of Coins and EXP. This award depends on your Skill Rank and can be duplicated if you collect more than one memo.
There are currently 86 Memos in-game, one for each Disaster, Boss and Bonus Round. Players can check their memos in the menu, where it shows in alphabetical order the memos that the player has and the memos that have not yet been collected. Clicking on a collected memo here will show the description of its disaster.
Hyper Disaster Memos
An alternative version of the normal memos, these are called "Hyper Disaster Memos" and they are used to show information about a disaster's hyper counterpart. These memos can only be found on Hardcore Mode and twice as rare as regular memos. There are currently 66 Memos in-game, one for each disaster.
Follow these tips to get Memos more efficiently:
- Try to use third person to search around. If you prefer the first person controls, use Shift-Mouse Lock by going to the Roblox menu, enabling it in the Settings tab, and pressing Shift in-game.
- Look in the Memos menu to know if you already have the current Disaster Memo. You can still pick up the Memo for its reward.
- Be very careful trying to collect and search for Memos, as the current Disaster could get in your way, possibly letting another player snatch it as you die.
- It is wise to search up memos between two disasters.
- Use an Epic Katana or Game Master Sword to get ahead of the other players and obtain the Memo easily.
- In early releases of the game, the player's collected memos showed up in the menu chronologically, starting with the first collected memos and progressing down to the most recently collected memo. This was changed in a later update, now the list goes alphabetically.
- Sometimes memos can get stuck in the air if certain disasters have tall parts. Memos stop falling at any part they touch.