Illumina is a "trap" disaster, meaning that, at any given time, a player can trigger it and pull its sword on the pedestal. It is located right in front of the classic roblox house, and will stand still there. Detonating Illumina will result in a relatively large explosion, approximately twenty to thirty studs from what generally is the front of the house.
Illumina can be detonated multiple times, as long as it is done by a survivor who is still alive in such round. If a player is too close in the explosion radius' range, they will be dealt 75 damage. It is wise to avoid being near Illumina, as you can be instantly blowed up without any reaction time!
For the hyper variant, the Illumina turns into the Illumina Man, which will chase players in hopes of a user "grabbing" the sword, which would result in a premature explosion. Illumina Man will detonate itself at the last second, so it is advisable to keep a relatively safe distance away from Illumina Man.
Disaster Memo Information
"The giver of The Legendary Sparkling Sword from SFOTH appears! But what is it doing here though...? It seems to be fake. Touching it does not give you the Illumina. Instead, touching it creates a massive explosion around it. Stay away from the bait, even if no one is near it!"
"The Illumina giver which is now 'Illumina Man' grew some limbs to move around, chasing anybody nearby begging someone to pull the explosive sword out of it. It can be bloxxed for some points, but be careful staying nearby it when the round is about to be over! It self detonates at last remaining 2 seconds of the round."
- Never be too close to the house or camp that area, as Illumina can show up and be instantly detonated while you're unprepared.
- Head to the northern area of the map, opposite from where the Gear Shop is.
- Stay in far range and use ranged weapons to attack the Illumina Man, as it can help obtain Bloxxer points while keeping you safe from a possible detonation.
- Touching the Illumina before the end of the round will earn you a badge called "The Legend of the Sparkling Sword."
- A common occurrence with users is the intention of touching the Illumina in hopes of destroying one's streak, or to solely troll other users; enraging them naturally.
- Like other disasters, only players who are "alive" can activate the explosion. The Illumina can be blown up multiple times by players who survive the preceding explosion.
- The explosions after the first one can only occur on standard Illumina. Hyper Illumina can only explode once.
- If the Illumina Man dies before the round ends, the explosion will not happen.
- In very early versions of the game, Illumina spawned in the center of the map instead of in front of the house.
- The Illumina Man was not considered an enemy at first, not rewarding any Bloxxer award. This was changed in Version 1.24.
- It is also considered a miniboss so it can drop loot (coins and orbs) if killed.
- In Survive The Disasters 4 (April Fools 2018), the disaster warning was renamed to "sword".
- Also during April Fools 2018, Illumina had a chance to spawn on top of Press The Button.
- Illumina is a reference to famous sword from the older days of Roblox, notably a powerful sword from Sword Fights on the Heights, notorious for its high base damage.