A Hot Potato spawns in the very center of the map. It will immediately start chasing the closest players with an incredibly high speed, inflicting 50 damage per touch. It has a big jump power making it able to reach taller structures easily.Hot Potato also burns parts of the map upon touch, similarly to Rising Lava.
For the hyper variant, the potato now inflicts 99 damage, which is almost an instant-kill. It moves even faster and has a bigger jump power. Hyper Hot Potato also melts bricks more quickly.
Disaster Memo Information
"Hot Potato attacks survivors! Each time the potato touches you, it'll deal 50 damage. It also melts map parts on contact because it's hot like lava!".
"Compared to standard Hot Potato, this angry potato now deals 99 damage. It melts map parts at a higher chance and melts faster. This potato also runs quicker and jumps higher."
- Get as much distance from the Hot Potato as possible. It can catch you quick as it will not make any sounds and is very swift.
- It is recommended stay a bit far from Hot Potato before using a Rotten Cheezburger, because, if the Potato attacks after the burger, you may die due to having lower health beforehand.
- Don't lead the Hot Potato towards breakable structures (such as towers) as it can destroy them with its melting ability.
- Hot Potato is a classic disaster, originating from the prequel.
- Hot Potato is the fastest enemy in the game.
- Hot Potato can burn through most blocks, except for permanent (anchored) blocks, so hiding behind such structure (such as the temple in Atlantis) will help.
- Hot Potato appeared in Survive The Disasters 1.5 (April Fools 2019).
- Hot Potato can be baited by running and jumping around in small circles.
- Hot Potato was added in Version 41.
- In Version 41.5 and Version 41.6, the holiday updates, Hot Potato wore a santa hat.
- Hot Potato is a mini-boss and can drop loot (coins and orbs) if killed.