Hardcore Mode is a game mode for Survive The Disasters 2, released on April 10th, 2019. It is similar to the normal game, but is much more difficult to survive in and is only available to S Rank survivors.
Changes and Gameplay
- All of the normal disasters are replaced with their Hyper version.
- All of the hyper versions are replaced with their Impossible version.
- Hyper themed Bosses called superbosses, and they last for 150 seconds.
- Currently, the only 3 superbosses are Reaper, Black Mage and Yojimbo. Each of them having buffed and special attacks and song themes. Defeating superbosses will grant you badges. All of them being unique.
- Some hyper bosses, however, do not become actual superbosses, such as Giant Noob, Undyne and Crimson Balrog. These still last 60 seconds.
- Hardcore versions of the streak badges are active.
- No Bonus Rounds.
- Hyper disaster memos can be obtained on this mode, although they are twice as rare.
- Survival Streak bonuses give out double the coins and EXP.
- Unique skill rank system and leaderboard for this mode, that is separate from the standard mode skill rank and leaderboard.
- If Pacifist Mode is enabled in this mode, coin and exp payout double.
There are seven badges for Hardcore Mode, 4 of them being survival streak badges, however 3 other badges would be more likely to be earned in Hardcore Mode as killing a Superboss would require a load of time to defeat which is only given in Hardcore Mode. These three badges are Deaths Bed, Witch Hunter and Dishonored.
|Fighter||Moderate||Reach a survival streak of 7.|
|Challenger||Difficult||Reach a survival streak of 21.|
|Daredevil||Very Difficult||Reach a survival streak of 50.|
|Hardcore||Insanely Difficult||Reach a survival streak of 100.|
|Death's Bed||Difficult||Defeat Crimson Reaper.|
|Witch Hunter||Moderate||Defeat Dark Mage.|
While you can't join a Hardcore Mode server directly, you can view the active servers here.
- Vyriss's first preview showcased the Game Master Coil and the Game Master Stars before their initial release, without any details. It also showed a new version of Green Hill Zone.
- Crimson themed of maps were supposed to be in hardcore mode, as told by Vyriss, but they do not exist in-game currently.
- As of Version 1.40, players are able to access Hardcore Mode directly from the Menu, anytime while playing.
- Previously, players had to rejoin the game to access Hardcore Mode.
- As of Version 1.41, players are able to enable Pacifist Mode in the menu, allowing you to play Hardcore without the use of gears. This changes the gameplay drastically, being unfair at times.