When the round begins, a Green Zone is seen enclosing the map boundaries. After a few seconds, it will rapidly shrink onto a random spawn point on the map.
The Green Zone is a zone circle that spans from the top of the map to the bottom of the world. Players must get in the Green Zone to avoid taking damage. If a player stays out of the safe area, they'll take 3 damage per tick, similar to how Flash Flood's damage ramping works, but the amount of damage per second will increase over time.
For the hyper variant, Green Zone closes into its spawn point target much more quickly. The safe zone is smaller and the damage taken when outside the safe zone is also increased overall.
Disaster Memo Information
"Get inside the green zone! The green zone will shrink to a random enemy spawn. If you are outside the zone, you'll take small amounts of damage rapidly. More time passes, the deadlier staying outside the zone will get."
"Get inside the green zone! The green zone will shrink to a random enemy spawn. Comparing to the standard green zone: this one moves twice as fast, closes in more, and increases damage tick a bit faster."
- Use an Epic Katana or a Game Master's Sword to get in the safe zone quicker.
- Try to predict where the green zone will go by looking up.
- The Green Zone goes to one of the Spawn Points, so keep this in mind.
- Green Zone was added in Version 39.
- According to the Survive The Disasters 2 Twitter, this is a disaster is based on a mechanic in Fortnite, known as the Storm.
- Green Zone has been nerfed in a hotfix after Version 39 released, along with a few blacklists for Multi-Disaster rounds, such as pairing with X-Bomb.
- Green Zone is often really cruel for players in Pacifist Mode, as they cannot use gears to quickly get in the zone, or tank the damage.