Disaster Memos spawn from the sky while a disaster is taking place, and slowly fall down until they touch a surface. They can sometimes land after a round ends. Disaster Memos hold information about the active disasters, bosses or bonus rounds that they spawned in.
Players can check their memos in the Menu -> "Disaster Memos" tab, where it shows, in alphabetical order, the memos that the player has and the memos that have not yet been collected. Clicking on a collected disaster memo will show the description of the disaster, along with extra basic information.
There is roughly a 35% chance a single Disaster Memo card will drop in a 30-second disaster, but multiple of them during a single round are possible to appear. Disaster Memos also give an award of Coins and EXP. This award depends on your Skill Rank and can be duplicated if you collect more than one memo.
Hyper Disaster Memos
An alternative version of the standard Disaster Memos, these are called "Hyper Disaster Memos" and they are used to show information about a disaster's hyper variant. This type of memo card can only be found in Hardcore Mode and are twice as rare as the regular memos. There are currently 68 Hyper Disaster Memos in-game, one for each disaster.
Collecting Disaster Memos
Follow these tips to collect Disaster Memos more efficiently:
- Try to use third person to search around. If you prefer the first person controls, use Shift-Mouse Lock by going to the Roblox menu, enabling it in the Settings tab, and pressing Shift in-game.
- Look in the Disaster Memos menu to know if you already have the current Disaster Memo. You can still pick up the Memo for its reward.
- Be very careful trying to collect and search for memos, as the current Disaster could get in your way, possibly letting another player snatch it as you die.
- It is wise to search up disaster memos between disasters or during map votes.
- Use an Epic Katana or Game Master's Sword to get ahead of the other players and obtain the Memo easily.
- In early releases of the game, the player's collected disaster memos showed up in the menu chronologically, starting with the first collected memos and progressing down to the most recently collected memo. This was changed in a later update, now the list goes alphabetically.
- Sometimes, disaster memos can get stuck in the air if certain disasters have tall parts. Memos also stop falling at any part they touch, including invisible barriers.
|Main Mechanics||Disasters • Maps • Gear Shop • Gamepasses • Danger Modes • Bosses • Bonus Rounds • Ranks • Orbs|
|Other Mechanics||Disaster Memos • Daily Rewards • Achievements • Badges • Spawn Points • Global Leaderboard|
|Miscellaneous||Hardcore Mode • Pacifist Mode • April Fools 2017 • April Fools 2018 • April Fools 2019 • Version History • Vyriss|