The Danger Mode (also known as Warning, or Warning Round in the community) is a core mechanic in Survive The Disasters 2. Danger Modes are variants or combinations of different disasters, used to make the game harder.
When a Danger Mode is about to appear, a "WARNING!!!" notice will appear during the intermission, which is accompanied by an alarm-like sound. Danger Modes have a 16.7% chance of occurring on a non-starting round (any round but the first when a new map is chosen), making it the most common after Boss Time.
The Coins collected after the round are multiplied depending on the Danger Mode chosen, as a bonus for surviving a harder than normal round. Hyper disasters give 1.6x as many coins as the normal version and Impossibles give 2.2x coins.
Currently, there are five (last one exclusive to Hardcore) different Danger Modes active in the game and three that have been removed for the sake of game balance.
Certain Danger Modes, especially some combinations in Multi Disaster rounds, can prove to be very difficult or even impossible. Be careful!
Types of Danger Modes
Multi Disaster - 30% chance
- Double Trouble: Two random disasters in a single round.
- Triple Threat: Three random disasters in a single round.
*In Hardcore, Multi Disaster will become Hyper Multi Disaster (Hyper Double Trouble, Hyper Triple Threat).
Disaster Variant - 40% chance
- Hyper Disaster: A tougher version of a disaster is performed in that round.
- Impossible Disaster (Hardcore Exclusive): An even tougher version of a disaster is performed. Usually extremely difficult, but not necessarily impossible.
Mystery Disaster - 30% chance
- Mystery Disaster: A random disaster is performed; however the name is not revealed and heavy white fog surrounds the entire map, making it hard to react to the disaster's threats. The sounds of the Disaster can still be heard, loud and clear.
- So far there are two disasters that are blacklisted from happening in a Mystery Disaster due to unfairness but more could be added to the list soon.
*In Hardcore, Mystery Disaster will become Hyper Mystery Disaster, similar to Multi Disaster becoming Hyper Multi Disaster.
Removed / Survive The Disasters 4 exclusives
- Quintuple Threat: Five random disasters in a single round.
- Triple Triple Threat: Six random disasters in a single round.
Musical Themes (any removed ones will most likely be due to fear of copyright)
- Double Trouble:
- SkyTheFloof - Multi Disaster! (Coming in Version 42)
- Jormungand Perfect Order - The First Step To Escape From Complex (Removed in Version 42 due to being replaced)
- Rotteen - The Last Machine I Trusted (Removed due to fear of copyright)
- Triple Threat:
- Quadruple Threat (Removed in v1.24, readded in v1.42):
- Mystery Disaster: