Castle Gardens takes place in a fantasy-like field that holds a ruin. The whole map is filled with trees, massive pillars, and rubble. The map is surrounded by giant walls. There is also a bridge to the west of the map, showing there used to be a river that flowed through this once glorious civilization.
Castle Gardens gets an night version with a more frightening look. Its colors drastically change from orange, gray, and green, to purple, gray, and white. The skybox is changed to a night sky with black clouds and a full moon. The map is also filled with a heavy fog and all the flowers are removed.
In Version 41.67, halloween Castle Gardens received a few updates: scattered pumpkins across the map and a stud texture for the grass.
The entire map is given a snowy environment with frozen structures like pillars and moss. All grass and trees are covered with snow, as well as the giant titan on the left. Colors change from orange, gray and green, to white, gray and light blue.
- A tower with a blue flag.
- A fort that replaces the house.
- Massive pillars to take cover for disasters like Bombers, Missile Launcher and Thunderstorm.
- Pieces of stone buildings the player can jump on if they're too far away from the fort to get to safety.
- A bridge on the west side of the map.
- The remains of what looks like a giant stone guard.
- A stall located near the tower.
- Castle Gardens was once called Mossy Ruins, in early versions.
- If Kamehameha appeared on this map, a crackling noise would play while the attack is unleashed, while also destroying the walls in the background.
- There is an unused track called "Final Fantasy XIII - Pulse of Chocobo"
- However, this track was moved to be a theme for Bonus Rounds.
- In Version 41.5 and Version 41.6, the holiday updates, Castle Gardens received its winter theme.
- In this winter theme, players were able to get to a very elevated spot, above the bridge's barriers. This was shortly fixed later on.
- As of Version 42, there are major changes to the lighting and terrain, as well as out of bounds details.
- This does not affect gameplay, however.
|Current||Acid Depths • Atlantis • Candy Cloud • Castle Gardens • City Park • Dandy Desert • Galantasy • Home Sweet Home • Machine Madness • Molten Metal • Moonbase • Panic Pyramid • Plastic Palace • Sky Ruins • Spooksville • Wacky Warehouse • Winterville|
|Upcoming||Camp Caution • Fragile Farm • Mushroom Forest • Tropical Trouble • Wild West|
|April Fools||Become A Cop Robber Or Adopt A Baby • Checkers • Deep Woods • Dragon Temple • Grassy Fields • Happy Home In Robloxia • MM Cells • MM Checkers • MM Deathchamber • MM Mansion • Plastic Palace (Beta) • Retro Detour • Sky Sanctuary Zone • Survive The Disasters (2010) • Test • ZS Park|
|Removed||Green Hill Zone|