Planes will fly over and come from the bottom part of the map, dropping down a bomb at a random survivor. The bombs are instant-kill, however their explosive radius is considerably small. Hiding under solid permanent cover is a good strategy to avoid the Bombers.
For the hyper counterpart, the bombs themselves are recolored red to signal this change. They explode multiple times after landing, creating a 'cluster bomb' effect, resulting in the explosion area being much larger.
Disaster Memo Information
"Random bombers will come from a side of the map. They will drop bombs nearby any random player. Bombers are quite dangerous, dropping bombs with an explosive radius of 18. You may need some sort of speed equipment to avoid it all completely, or hide under a wide roof."
Memo currently unwritten.
- The Bombers will come from the southern side of the map (usually the side where the classic roblox house is). Head to the other side so you can have time to react to them.
- Most maps have areas with thick, indestructible roof that you can hide under, such as City Park, Molten Metal, Atlantis and Machine Madness. Immediately get to one to maximize survival chance.
- Bombers are currently the only disaster in the game that is an aircraft, apart from Plane Crash, which was changed into Bullet Bill (currently Missile Strike), shortly after alpha versions of the game.
- In Survive The Disasters 4 (April Fools 2018), Bombers' disaster warning was renamed to "dropper bois".
- Hyper Bombers behave similarly to Hyper Polyhex, with both sharing a "cluster" effect for explosions.