Black Mage has two different attacks and a healing ability. Every time Black Mage does a spell attack, she will raise her magic staff. The round lasts for 60 seconds, attacking players throughout until killed, time runs out, or all players are killed, in which case she'll start attacking at random spots.
- Poison Gas: Black Mage targets a random player and summons a small area of toxic gas that deals 18 damage per tick.
- Fireballs: Summons a fireball rain, in which large flaming spells rain down from the top of the map, diagonally. They deal 80 damage per touch and may prove deadly due to their sizes.
- Healing Pulse: Black Mage raises her staff, letting out green particles. She regenerates 300 health in this scenario.
Hyper Black Mage
The Hyper Black Mage, known as the Dark Mage, is a superboss in Hardcore Mode, along with Reaper and Yojimbo. She receives a significant buff to her health and damage, alongside a new set of attacks. The round lasts for 150 seconds in Hardcore Mode. Her clothing is re-textured to have a darker tone. Dark fog will also occur on the map. Fireballs summoned by Dark Mage are now purple in color. Dark Mage has four attacks and a healing move:
- Center Fireballs: Summons a beam in the middle of the map, which will summon 8 fireballs that are thrown outwards 3 times (total 24 fireballs), instantly killing anyone who touches it.
- Blinding Gas: Targets a random player and places a purple poison area that deals 20 damage per tick, and it darkens the screen of players who are hit, creating a blindness effect.
- Homing Fireballs: Receives a dark aura, meanwhile summoning 5 fireballs. Those fireballs will be launched at players after a few moments, dealing 50 damage.
- Spinning Fireballs: Throws a single giant cross attack, or a dispersed hexagon of instant-kill fireballs towards players. It will also spin while flying in mid-air.
- Healing Pulse: Heals 1000 HP instead of the regular 300.
"Black Mage attacks with black magic! She can cast a poison gas nearby a random survivor with a decent radius, damaging 18 per second if you're in it. She can summon giant fireballs from the sky that deal 80 damage per hit! She also has a healing ability that can regain 300 health when she has taken damage."
Memo currently unwritten.
- If you defeat Hyper Black Mage in Hardcore Mode, you will earn the Witch Hunter badge.
- Black Mage is female, as the memo uses feminine pronouns to describe her abilities.
- If you manage to kill Black Mage before the round ends, a large black beam will surround her and she will disappear. This is similar to how Reaper behaves.
- Black Mage is one of the only bosses that can heal themselves, the other being Giant Zombie.
- Black Mage is based on one of Vyriss' costumes.
- In April Fools 2017, Black Mage turned white. Her fireballs travelled slightly slower and were also white; they also only dealt 75 damage, five less than the regular Black Mage. She also healed 10 health rapidly.
- If White Mage was defeated, she would summon her black beam, but not disappear.
- Before, fireballs dealt 60 damage while the poison gas dealt 25. In Version 1.23, the damage of fireballs and poison gas is increased and decreased respectively.
- In April Fools 2018, Black Mage's disaster splash was changed to "magic grill".
- Darkhearting (using the Darkheart gear) on Dark Mage will give you 25200 health.
- Dark Mage's fireballs block projectiles shot from ranged gears.
- As of Version 41, Black Mage's health was increased from 5400 to 7800 while her bloxxer increased from 1100 to 1400.
- As of Version 41.5 Black Mage's health was increased from 7800 to 9200.
- In Version 1.25, Version 1.37, Version 41.5 and Version 41.6, Black Mage's christmas outfit returned along with Reaper's.
- Black Mage is the only boss, at the moment, without a hyper memo description.
- The Black Mage boss and her abilities are likely references to the Final Fantasy series, with Black Mages being a staple class throughout the series that casts offensive magic such as Poison and Fire.
In order to see the full size of the image, please click on it.