Black Mage has two different attacks and a healing ability. Every time Black Mage does a spell attack, she will raise her magic staff. The round lasts for 60 seconds, attacking players throughout until killed, time runs out, or all players are killed, in which case she'll start attacking at random spots.
- Poison Gas: Black Mage targets a random player and summons a small area of toxic gas that deals 18 damage per tick.
- Fireballs: Summons a fireball rain, in which large flaming spells rain down from the top of the map, diagonally. They deal 80 damage per touch and may prove deadly due to their sizes.
- Healing Pulse: Black Mage raises her staff, letting out green particles. She regenerates 300 health in this scenario.
Hyper Black Mage
The Hyper Black Mage, known alternatively as the Black Mage, is a super boss in Hardcore Mode, along with Reaper and Yojimbo. She receives a significant buff to her health and damage, alongside a new set of attacks. The round lasts for 150 seconds in Hardcore Mode. Her clothing is re-textured to have a darker tone. Dark fog will also occur on the map. Fireballs summoned by Dark Mage are now purple in color. Dark Mage has four attacks and a healing move:
- Center Fireballs: Summons a beam in the middle of the map, which will summon 8 fireballs that are thrown outwards 3 times (total 24 fireballs), instantly killing anyone who touches it.
- Poison Gas: Targets a random player and places a purple poison area that deals 20 damage per tick, and it darkens the screen of players who are hit, creating a blindness effect.
- Homing Fireballs: Receives a dark aura, meanwhile summoning 5 fireballs. Those fireballs will be launched at players after a few moments, dealing 50 damage.
- Spinning Fireballs: Throws a single giant cross attack, or a dispersed hexagon of instant-kill fireballs towards players. It will also spin while flying in mid-air.
- Healing Pulse: Heals 1000 HP instead of the regular 300.
Disaster Memo Information
"Black Mage attacks with black magic! She can cast a poison gas nearby a random survivor with a decent radius, damaging 18 per second if you're in it. She can summon giant fireballs from the sky that deal 80 damage per hit! She also has a healing ability that can regain 300 health when she has taken damage."
Memo currently unwritten.
- If you defeat Hyper Black Mage in Hardcore Mode, you will earn the Witch Hunter badge.
- Black Mage is female, as the memo uses feminine pronouns to describe her abilities.
- If you manage to kill Black Mage before the round ends, a large black beam will surround her and she will disappear. This is similar to how Reaper behaves.
- Black Mage is one of the only bosses that can heal themselves, the other being Giant Zombie.
- Black Mage is based on one of Vyriss' costumes.
- In April Fools 2017, Black Mage turned white. Her fireballs travelled slightly slower and were also white; they also only dealt 75 damage, five less than the regular Black Mage. She also healed 10 health rapidly.
- If White Mage was defeated, she would summon her black beam, but not disappear.
- In April Fools 2018, the disaster warning was renamed to "magic grill".
- As of Version 41.5, Black Mage's health was increased from 7800 to 9200.
- In Version 1.25, Version 1.37, Version 41.5 and Version 41.6, Black Mage's christmas outfit returned along with Reaper's.
- In Version 41.67, Black Mage received a reskin for Halloween. She became Vyriss's avatar that represents a fox character, holding a pumpkin staff rather than the usual staff. Her sound effects were also changed.
- Black Mage is the only boss, at the moment, without a Hyper disaster memo description.
- Black Mage and her abilities are likely references to the Final Fantasy series, with Black Mages being a staple class throughout the series that casts offensive magic such as Poison and Fire.