"Black Mage attacks with black magic! She can cast a poison gas nearby a random survivor with a decent radius, damaging 18 per second if you're in it. She can summon giant fireballs from the sky that deal 80 damage per hit! She also has a healing ability that can regain 300 health when she has taken damage."
Hyper Black Mage
(Memo Currently Unwritten)
The Hyper Black Mage, known as Dark Mage, is a superboss in Hardcore Mode, along with Reaper and Yojimbo. She receives a significant buff to her health and damage, alongside a new set of attacks. It lasts for 150 seconds in Hardcore Mode Her clothing is re-textured to have a darker tone. Dark fog will also occur on the map. Fireballs summoned by Dark Mage are now purple in color. Dark Mage has four attacks and a healing move:
- Center Fireballs: Summons a beam in the middle of the map, which will summon 8 fireballs that are thrown outwards 3 times (total 24 fireballs), instantly killing anyone who touches it.
- Blinding Gas: Targets a random player and places a purple poison area that deals 20 damage per tick, and it darkens the screen of players who are hit, creating a blindness effect.
- Homing Fireballs: Receives a dark aura, meanwhile summoning 5 fireballs. Those fireballs will be launched at players after a few moments, dealing 50 damage.
- Spinning Fireballs:T hrows a single giant cross attack or a dispersed hexagon of instant-kill fireballs towards players. It will also spin while flying in mid-air.
- Healing: Heals 1000 HP instead of the regular 300.
- If you defeat Hyper Black Mage in Hardcore Mode, you will earn the Witch Hunter badge.
- Black Mage is female, as the memo uses feminine pronouns to describe her abilities.
- If you manage to kill Black Mage before the round ends, a large black beam will surround her and she will disappear. This is similar to how Reaper behaves.
- Black Mage is one of the only bosses that can heal themselves, the other being Giant Zombie.
- Black Mage is based on Vyriss' previous costume.
- In Survive The Disasters 3, Black Mage turned white. Her fireballs were slower and were also white; they also only dealt 75 damage, five less than the regular Black Mage. She also healed 10 health rapidly.
- If White Mage was defeated, she would summon her black beam, but not disappear.
- Before, fireballs dealt 60 damage while the poison gas dealt 25. In Version 1.23, the damage of fireballs and poison gas is increased and decreased respectively.
- In Survive The Disasters 4, Black Mage's splash is changed to "magic grill".
- Darkhearting Dark Mage will give you 25200 health.
- Dark Mage's fireballs block projectiles shot from ranged gears.
- As of Version 1.41, Black Mage's health was increased from 5400 to 7800 while her bloxxer increased from 1100 to 1400.
- As of Version 41.5 Black Mage's health was increased from 7800 to 9200.
- In Version 1.25, Version 1.37, Version 41.5 and Version 41.6, Black Mage's christmas outfit returned along with Reaper's.
- Black Mage is the only boss, at the moment, without a hyper memo description.
- The Black Mage boss and her abilities are likely references to the Final Fantasy series, with Black Mages being a staple class throughout the series that casts offensive magic such as Poison and Fire.
In order to see the full size of the image, please click on it.