A large avalanche emerges from the floor at the start, while a snowy baseplate spawns. It will take about 4 seconds before snowballs start to roll down from the top of the mountain. They have randomized sizes but are fatal when touched, so getting to places where they can't roll in is a viable strategy.
For the hyper counterpart, Avalanche will increase the number of snow balls in double (32 to 64), while also making the fog denser. Snow balls are also slighly bigger and the hill rises faster.
Disaster Memo Information
"An avalanche will rise from the floor, spawning 32 deadly balls of snow. The snowballs are instant-kill, it is wise to hide inside a building or behind a wall from where it's coming from."
"Comparing to its standard version, there are 64 snowballs that roll down and the fog is denser. The hill rises up faster, to decrease spawn delay. The snowball size average is a little higher."
- Take cover behind unbreakable parts or in a building (such as the house).
- Take advantage of ridges formed by the snow hill and hide as close to them as possible to dodge the snowballs.
- If you climb up to the top of the mountain during Avalanche, you obtain the badge Mountain Climber.
- In the Beta version, the snow was slippery, so it was likely very hard to reach the top of the Avalanche.
- Avalanche's disaster splash's icon used to be a snowflake.
- Hyper Avalanche was added in Version 41.5.